Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Long nights and longer explanations

There comes a point in ever every new father's life when he has to swallow his pride and admit that this parenting stuff isn't as easy as we thought it was when we were watching our parents mess up at it. When Grant was born I was sure of couple things: We'd read to him often, nothing he wore would be pink and he would never get to sleep in our bed unless he had a nightmare caused by exposure to the early works of Jim Hensen.

Nothing against people who let there kids sleep with them, I just know that when I sleep I tend to roll around a lot and occasionally sleep-punch, so I figured it would be safer just to keep the little guy as far away from that as we could. However lately he's been waking up crying really bad from a combination of the horrible eczema mentioned below and just being hungry. Normally I can console him with a bottle but there are times when he just won't take it. Sally, being the awesome mom that she is, will step up to the plate and feed him, but sometimes she's so tired that she opts to feed him in bed. Plans to put him back in his crib soon fall be the way side and he ends up sleeping with us for hours.

So you see, I may have gone against my original ideals, but it's for a collections of perfectly logical and natural reasons.

And besides, who can fight such sweetness?

No comments:

Post a Comment