Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baby loves MoTab


Sunday November 21:

Just a lazy Sunday at home. Mommy is still not feeling very good so Daddy stayed home all day to take care of her.


In the early afternoon, I was being fussy, even though I'd just eaten and my pants were poop-free. Mommy was smart though and knew that I just wanted to spend time with her. She's so tired and sore these days that the only time we really spend together is when she's feeding me (which may seem like a lot, but remember how cute I am) and I usually fall asleep several times during each feeding (not my fault, Mommy just makes me feel so safe and warm, I can't help it) so it was fun to be with her and awake at the same time.


Mommy remembered that I like to have the TV on for background noise so I don't feel so alone (I think it's Daddy's fault for some reason) so she turned on the TV and turned it to the BYU channel which was showing old episodes of a show called “Music and the Spoken Word”


I didn't understand much of what it was talking about, but I liked the man's voice. What I really liked though was the singing. I've never heard such beautiful music in my whole life. So many voices, mommies and daddies, singing together. It made me so happy, I couldn't help but start dancing.


Daddy thought that I was so cute that he had to go get Chinese Grandma and Mommy told him to go get something called a video camera. I've heard a little bit about “video cameras” at Silly Baby School. They said that video cameras are something parents use to embarrass you when your grow up and bring girls over, so I wasn't falling for it. While Daddy fumbled with the cables and tried to get the camera working, I just kept on dancing and enjoying the music but as soon as he got it plugged in and unwrapped the new tape (which took longer enough for me to wonder if he's really as talented as he tells me he is) I stopped. And then just to really make him know that he'll have to try harder than that to prove that I was a cute baby, I started fussing and crying. Not too much, but enough to make him put the camera away and pay attention to me instead.


Daddy seems to have learned from this experience, however. He's keeping the camera right under my bed now instead of down stairs so I'll have to be quick if I want to be cute.


Well, I'm sleepy and pushing these button with my tiny fingers is really hard so I'm going to have another nap.


Just rockin' the cradle.


Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment